Friday 21 March 2014

6)What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


I used the school computers that were available to me. The computer was an Intel core 13 system and edge 10 monitor. This hardware allowed me to access Photoshop, the software I needed to design my magazine. However I did some of my work on my Sony Vaio laptop at home.
This is the editing software I used to create my magazine. After being taught the basics on Photoshop by my teacher and having a play around with it myself I was able to create my draft. I then used my knowledge after I could effectively use the software to help my create my real final magazine. The sort of tools I used on Photoshop include cropping, cropping using the magic wand tool, re-sizing images, changing the colour effects and adding and deleting layers.






The Nikon D3200 is the camera I used to take my photos for my magazine. I borrowed it from the school to take my photos. It is a very good quality camera and I think it reflects that in the photos I produced using it. It was great for a variation in shots as I was able to zoom in very close for a close-up shot and it kept focus and didn't blur or pixel-ate in any way.








I used a tripod to keep my shots steady and at the perfect height and angle. This was very effective as it made my pictures look a lot more professional by using good quality equipment.











I used Microsoft Word to write up my double page spread article as I felt it was the most effective way to structure and display my writing. Also it allowed me to keep a word count on my work so that I could anticipate how much room I would need and how much room it would take up on my double page spread.







This is useful application as it is an online publishing website I used it to upload my word documents and then embed them onto my blog.



I used this application to create a video. It was an effective way to represent my work and pitch my ideas.





This was a very useful piece of kit. I used this to save my work and transfer it from the school computers to my laptop at home so I could keep up to date with my work and make progress.





I used Google Chrome, it was vital in my planning and research before creating my magazine.








I used Blogger to upload all of my work online. It was a good method as it allowed me to receive instant feedback from my teachers so I could improve and adjust my work. It was also a good device as it displays my work easily online and I can't lose any of my work.






I used Flickr to upload all of my photos on to the internet to an easily accessible source that kept my photos in good quality so that I could use them whenever I needed to instantly.















1 comment:

  1. This needs lots more detail, which websites did you research? Why haven't you mentioned blogger and discussed how that helped you get instant feedback! Also mention flickr and be much more specific about the tools you used on photoshop.

    ReplyDelete