Friday 21 March 2014

2) How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My magazine represents the 'indie scenesters' social group and I have designed it in the way I have to come across with the type of genre in mind to attract my target audience. I used the black, white and grey colours to mirror a similar effect to Clash magazine and keep the indie theme. The camera angle is important as the close up is clever as my magazine is solely about the artist and this represents that as the close up captures just the artist and nothing else is needed. My models facial expression is important. This is because it is a serious magazine about the music therefore the dull facial expression portrays the genre well. My model Porter Bronson has similarities with Jake Bugg, Matt Healy, Harry Koisser and James Righton. Although Jake and Porter have different hairstyles, they both fall into the same category of indie scenesters. They are both of a white ethnicity and most indie scenesters tend to be of that ethnicity. In terms of costume they have similar fashion types, both opting for the smart casual look. They both have chosen a pattern shirt that isn't simple and outer wear such as a sweater or jacket that is smart/casual. Also I have mainly represented men as my target market through my magazine as my media product mainly has photos of male artists/bands.


1 comment:

  1. this needs WAY more detail. Analyse your social group using MISE EN SCENE.

    Analyse how the camera angle, facial expression, costume and props represent the group. For Band 4 also look at the language used (in terms of what they say).

    ReplyDelete