Friday 10 January 2014

Magazine Prelim


How does your prelim represent particular social groups?
As it is a school magazine the theme is obviously academic. This means it is aimed at students aged between 14 and 19 or years 10 - 13 at Lutterworth College which is a school with an approximate population of 2000 students. This is a niche market and this magazine will only be relevant to the students that attend the school. Also it will stereotypically seem to be more aimed at the nerdy type of social groups but including music and sporting news may attract other potential readers.

Who would be the intended audience for your product?
The intended audience will be any student that attends Lutterworth College that wants to keep up to date with what is new and happening at the college. The intended audience will be the more nerdy type social groups as stereotypically they would be more interested in the magazine. However including news from the schools music and sporting achievement's may attract other audiences.

How did you attract/address your audience?
I attracted my audience by using a photo of the schools head boy as he can be seen as a role model and someone to aspire too, to a lot of the students of Lutterworth College. I also used some recent news on the front cover about the head boy delivering a riveting speech to hook my audience. However if I was to redesign this now I would know to include sporting and music opportunities and achievements on the front page to attract a different variety and more of an audience.

What have you leant about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I have leant that photoshop can be a difficult piece of software to use. It takes time to understand how to use all of the products and processes on the software and how to incorporate them into your work effectively to make it look realistic and professional.When I use the software to create my real magazine I will ensure I have properly developed my skills on it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment